Sunday, September 07, 2008

The Artist's Way.

For several years now, my dear friend Debbie has been saying that she wanted me to have this book. I'd seen it in the library, even had it out one time and browsed it for a week, but that was as far as it went. So last week, when we met for coffee during on of her bi-annual pilgrimages to my end of the world, we headed off to the bookstore and bought it - her birthday gift to me!

This book (by Julia Cameron) is a twelve week long course in Discovering and Recovering your Creative Self. It's interesting that this has come into my life right now, just after I negotiated a huge bend in my personal road (a milestone birthday) and just as an aspect of my life that I have been struggling with for years and years is starting to (hopefully) come under control - although that's the subject of another blog altogether. So for the next twelve weeks, I'll be using this blog for some of the exercises and thinkings related to the Artist's Way course.

1 comment:

Shawn said...

Good luck with your work! I look forward to reading it soon.

You also have a nice blog. My best to its--and your--success.